Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Conference & Some Chicks

*for directions, just click on the picture above*

With Easter coming up, and a whole weekend of staying home to watch conference, I thought it would be the perfect time to make some of these cute cake pops from Bakerella's website.

The girls and I went and bought candy corns, candy melt, cake mix, frosting and all the little things we would need to make the bunny and chicks. They are SO cute aren't they? Yeah, we thought so too. Just so you know, they are NOT easy to do. I take that back. They are actually pretty easy to make, but ours did not look this cute. I only uploaded pictures of the chicks because our bunnies, well, they were a little scary.

But the important part is that we all had fun making them. Especially Jake. I couldn't tear him away from the table. He got really tricky and even added a 'tail' to the back of the chicks! The other good news is that I made over 100 of those cake balls and I still have a bunch in the freezer to finish decorating on a night we don't have so much "help" if you know what I mean.

I highly recommend trying these at home, not only because it was fun, but because they are super tasty! I mean, cake crumbled and mixed with frosting, then rolled into a ball and dipped in chocolate? Yum!

Conference was excellent as well, and the kids almost sat with us the entire time. We had such a relaxing weekend just being together as a family and that was the best part of all...

10 comments:

Becky said...

Oh those are soooo cute! I saw the halloween ones she did they were also cute. I will definately have to try these!

Tressa said...

Those are super super cute! My brother was just telling me about those cake balls...they sound yum!

Morris Mama said...

You did good! I tried to make her cupcake pops once and they were a disaster!

Karolee said...

I think the cupcake ones looked easier...well at least the decorating part. Maybe I'll have to think twice about those!

The Andersen Family said...

So Cute! I was looking for a project to do with the kids this weekend, thanks for the idea! FUN!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

How cute! I want to eat one NOW!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog posts!
Wow, talk about crafty. I bet my kids would love to make something like that. I bet they could be made into pumpkins for Halloween too. Aloha,
Rex and Nat

King Family said...

Those are so cute!

Jen said...

Super cute! I am so behind the times that I JUST saw you are pregnant! Congratulations, although I have to say having a FOURTH makes me question you sanity just a little :)!

Karolee said...

Thanks for all the comments. Looks like I need to update yet again! ;) and yes Jen, I would question my sanity as well...though this was a BIG surprise to us! ;)